Welcome back! Summer is completely behind us now, the thermometers are dropping and if you actually live in an area with lots of seasonal trees (I don’t), the leaves are falling. I’ve got some really good news this month! Let’s dig in.
- This is probably the biggest announcement ever for this blog: as I announced last night on Twitter, there is now a 2nd writer! My friend Aden will be writing some posts here, keep your eyes peeled for some of his work coming soon.
- These updates are going to reduce in frequency, I’ll only do 4 regular updates a year from now on (that breaks down to 1 each in December, April, June and October).
- I’ve changed the slogan to “a thinking place”, I think it still keeps the gist of the old one.
- Also, I’ve done a minor redesign, changing the old Seattle street photo to the one above, which was taken at the 3rd level of the Surprise, AZ City Hall parking garage, the mountains in the background are the White Tank Mountains. That redesign also includes a change in the shade of blue used in the background (if you see this blog on a desktop or tablet, you’d notice it a bit more; on Chrome for Android or iOS, that color is the top bar color) and a change in the fonts used. I know that is minor, but just pointing it out.
- Keep an eye on the Twitter for some cool events in Surprise, AZ.
- I’m currently working on a few poems about seasons, they’ll be up by Friday night (10/13).
- I’ll be continuing a series on friendship soon, no definite date for that yet.
- I’m working on something that uses the format of “For Goodness Sake, Be a Good Friend!” (the whole idea of fusing poetry with commentary), it is about a recent event, that is all I’ll say for now.
- Aden will do some rebuttals of my commentary pieces from time to time, those will come eventually.
That’s all I have to say for now, have a fun-filled fall!
Hello again, readers! It’s been a while and I haven’t written much lately. For that, I’m sorry. This update is going to quite brief. Right now, I’m working on a play (not divluging any details here, for now), that will not published on this blog. Also, my posting on here is already infrequent and will defintely become more so from August onwards (I’ve got a lot commitments next school year, so this will have to take a backseat). Hopefully I’ll have more for you soon. Stay hydrated this summer folks! See y’all around.
Above photo: A panorama of the port area in Westport, WA, taken last summer by me (visible as sillouette in bottom left corner)
Easter has just passed us, it’s getting hotter (especially in the Southwest) and the flowers and trees are in bloom. Spring is here, here for sure. And with the change in seasons, comes a change in some plans I previously announced and some new ones too. Let’s get started!
- I have decided to shut down this blog’s Instagram page quietly, due to it never catching on (even with myself, to be honest).
- I have separated my personal Twitter account from the blog’s today.
- If you are a photographer or someone who does some graphic design and want any of your images featured on any blog post, please contact me at email@example.com or DM me on my Twitter account (this blog doesn’t bring me a cent, so I can not pay for anything, this is just for free promotion of your work).
- Feedback is always encouraged, please always feel free to leave constructive criticism in the comments section (note that it is moderated and your comment will be blocked if it’s irrelevant or rude) or contacting me through the contact sheet, email or social media.
- So, probably the biggest announcement I have here is that I’m shelving my short stories until the summer. This is because of my incredibly busy schedule during this time of year especially. I’m thankful for your patience, good writing takes time, doesn’t it?
- Poetry still has a front seat, I’ve really been working on some good ones for a new collection coming soon (I’ve already wrote the poems and they have a theme, I just have to edit some).
- What topic do you want me to talk about head on and with full facts and honesty? Let me know, I’m always up for starting a constructive conversation about almost anything.
Well, that’s been your Spring Update. I’ll be back with an update in June. Until then, keep a close eye on great pieces to come on Gideon’s Nook! Hope you had a blessed Easter, enjoy your Spring.
(The photo above is a picture of a park in Anthem, taken by a friend, used with permission)
With well wishes always,
Today was Super Bowl Sunday, hope you enjoyed your parties. Starting this month, I will do these updates bimonthly (exceptions made for special updates, I’ll mark them as such). Let’s begin!
So, poetry is making a comeback here! I promised in the last update to publish some before Christmas, but I just didn’t have much decent material to draw off of. No promises on when, but I promise it’s coming soon. As for stories, I’m planning on continuing Remembering Last Christmas in another short story. That’s been under way since I published the last one. Hope to get that ASAP, my life seems to only get busier and busier.
I’m planning to do some more commentary pretty soon. That’s all I will say on that for now. If you have any suggestions about anything at all, don’t be afraid to contact me on the blog’s email (check the contact page for that) or the contact form on the same page. Have a great Valentine’s Day (I’ll be alone as usual).
Well, I’ve not really been updating the blog lately. So, as a Christmas present to you all I will now. I currently have an interesting story in the pipeline and maybe some poetry (still thinking if I should even upload it). No promises on when any of it will come on, but I am currently aiming for no later than Monday (December 19th) for the story and anytime before Christmas on the poems.
So, now I have migrated to WordPress from Blogger. This will not change any material published prior to today and I will shut down the Blogger in the next few days. This will be the home of my blog now.
Also, today I’m launching an Instagram for this blog! I’ll share thoughts and quotes there periodically. It is @gideonsnookblog (Update: I deleted it, check the next update). By the way, I will definitely do these updates once in while, just to assure you and other readers that I have not fallen off the map. Happy Holidays!